Thursday, June 23, 2016
Desire for Success – Dr TN Chugh
23 June, 2016
Pictures and Videos: Amar Singh Jyani, GS Mann
DESIRE FOR SUCCESS
The success is favorable or prosperous termination of attempts or Endeavour the accomplishment of one’s goal. It may also involve attainment of wealth, position, honor or fame. Success is life altering, empowering, motivating and full of revelation. Confidence is basis of all achievements at every level. It develops the root of success and nourishes our personality to deal with every personal and professional goals of our life. Success bestows triumph, achievements, victory, favorable outcome, positive results, progress, prosperity, influence and fame.
The word ‘success’ has been derived from a word of Latin language, ’Successus’ which means,’ An advanced succession or happy outcome’.
Noble qualities required to attain Success:
Although it may be difficult to achieve success, we constantly look for everyday inspiration in our daily life that drives us to perform towards our goals:
• Hard work---Success requires a lot of determination, will power and hard work. Success is not offered in golden platters.
• Dedication---Unremitting devotion never makes us to give up the task despite of all the difficulties we face.
• Positive attitude---Strive not to success but be of strong values. A strong self image is positive preparation.
• Lucrative livelihood opportunities in various sectors---We must avail the opportunities when they come.
• Face challenge of circumstances, because life is either a daring adventure or nothing. Therefore, gather enthusiasm to gain strength.
• Select what is important and what is not---Based upon factors like priority, interest, availability of guidance, study material etc. Discard the irrelevant.
• Level of preparation---Doing the best at one moment guides you to the best place for the next moments.
• Be fearless and have the courage to take risks. You may go out of comfort zone and may have to travel on roads with barricades, lumps etc.
• Right strategy (planning) ---Nurture all kinds of dreams and aspirations you like. Then put efforts to manifest in fruitful results. Make the work to happen, you wish for.
• Acquire inspiration from spiritual guide, teachers, parents and friends---Motivation adds energy to your passion.
• Good knowledge about current affairs---No one is intelligent and trained by birth. Experience in the field of work is necessary. God has gifted almost similar brain power to everyone and this power increases by its proper use and experience.
• Always strive for noble goal---Provide genuine respect, appreciation, happiness and integrity to society to secure success. Be open to the ideas of others
• Demographic and financial status of the family
• Moral strength---Man is the architect of his fate, therefore, rises through virtuous efforts. God helps those who help themselves.
• Whole hearted attempt
• Follow proper procedure, norms and discipline. Do not under-estimate yourself.
• Time management---It is very essential for students, teachers, players, officials, businessmen and all others to accomplish the tasks as per schedule.
• Certain tasks require long journey but we should start with small steps after getting proper knowledge, skill and guidance.
• Keep the working place clean, pure, healthy and safe so as to develop good habits and strong character.
• Try to be mentally innovative, distinct and unique. The effects will be positive and encouraging,
• Faith in God---Strong belief and regular meditation promotes physical, moral and spiritual strength.
• The students must finish their syllabi in advance so that they prepare for revision and set plans for forthcoming examinations.
• Beware of negative marking in competitive examinations. But try to attempt more than 85% questions with proper care.
• Players should rely upon their physical health, exercise, training, practice and seek inspiration from other talented winners.
The Moments of Success:
The success is desired and expected in every task and every moment on daily basis. It is required because everyone wishes favorable results for each activity. The persons belonging to any category, men or women, married or unmarried, different age groups, profession (farmers, businessmen, officials, employee in any organization), teachers, students, politicians etc. have various kinds of activities, passions, desires aptitude, style and skill of performance. No one can afford failure in routine functions or special tasks. Take up a special idea and make that idea important for your mind, senses and every part of your body. Reject every other conception alone because this will help you to succeed.
Different people have different interpretation s of success. For some, it is valued through financial status and others by the amount of delight. Certain persons spend their sufficient time for money making to fulfill their desires for home, shops, agricultural fields or vehicles. But the success is honored when they celebrate their achievements with gratitude to their spiritual master. The persons, who cherish their income with the family and devote a portion of it for the social welfare, really enjoy the bliss of success.
Learn from Failures:
• Do not feel frustrated and dis-heartened on failures even on first attempt. Let the failures be stepping stones to encourage success. Never quit the task. Sometimes, destinations are not evident but hurdles cause discouragements. Analyze your short comings, learn the pathway to success and develop courage for re-attempt. The success does not lie in results but in efforts. Try, try again to secure success. Living in favorable or unfavorable situations is called ‘Part of life’ but smiling in all these conditions is called ‘Art of life’. The sum total of your success will surely shine to spread the rays of your experience in life. Do not worry when certain persons feel envious of your success. Therefore, face the difficulties with strength but acquire patience when understanding is needed. Success is not final and failure is not total.
Honor of Success:
Certain excellent versions have been conveyed through prominent scholars regarding the aspects of success:
• Ralph Waldow Emerson---Traits of knowledge, wisdom, love, respect and patience are essential aspects of life. Money merely distracts from the pursuit of success by providing distraction, temptation and corruption. Similarly, popularity and fame are hardly synonymous with success.
• Bill Fitz Patrick--- A successful person is strong when toughness is required and at the sametime, patience when understanding is needed.
• Feross Aboukhadijeh--- Only rich person does not require success unless he is confident, popular and joyful all the time.
• Booker Washington---Success is to be measured not so much by the position one has reached in life as by the obstacles one has faced.
• Zig Ziglar---The foundation stone for balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.
• Albert Einstein---Try not to be a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
• Henry Ford---Coming together is the beginning, keeping together is progress and working together is success.
• John F. Kennedy---Effort and courage are enough without purpose and direction. Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
• Hillary Clinton---We should remember that positive outlook of life can promote good health, so can everyday acts as kindness.
• Abrham Lincoln---It often requires more courage to dare to do the right than fear to do the wrong.
• Mahatma Gandhi---Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
Success is the sum total of all the hardships, inspirations and learning attained in the course of achieving it. Success does not lie in ‘Results’ but in ‘Efforts’. Doing the best is all that matters.
Contributed by: Dr. Triloki Nath Chugh.
Co-Ordinator, Shah Satnam Ji Educational Institutions,
Dera Sacha Sauda, Sirsa (Haryana, India ).
The writer is an eminent former Professor of Zoology; he has more than 3 decades of teaching experience in various colleges of KUK and is presently Co-ordinator, Shah Satnam Ji Educational Institutions, DSS, Sirsa. He can be reached on his Mobile No:+91-94160 48789 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Dr Chugh has published many Zoology research papers; Guided several M.Phil students for research; M.Sc. Secured 2nd Position BITS PILANI 1968; Gold Medalist in French Diploma 1981 KUK; Prinicipal at SSS Boys College for 7 years.