Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Biggest Garment Shop: Fashion Camp, gutted in fire

Biggest Garment Shop: Fashion Camp, gutted in fire.
25 January, 2009

All pictures can be clicked to enlarge or right click to open link in new window. Pictures: Amit Soni(09215771825) No Pictures available yet.
FASHION CAMP the biggest Garment show room in the town situated in Fashion Camp Street was completely gutted in a devastating fire that broke out around 3 am today morning. The fire started from the first floor of the multi-storey building which in a short time engulfed the whole building except the ground floor and the basement. The watchman of the street was the first who noticed the fire and intimated a social activist and a congress leader Navin Kedia. Mr. Kedia immediately informed the police control room, fire brigade and Deputy Commissioner S.K. Goyal. On getting information Sirsa City SHO Ajay Sharma a accompanied by a heavy police force arrived on the spot to supervise and assist in controlling and extinguishing the fire. But despite all efforts the fire could not be controlled and immediately Local Air Force Station was contacted to send their fire fighters but still the fire could not be controlled as it was extending to upper storey also.
The cops immediately scaled upon the top floor and removed Cooking Gas Cylinders, Diesel Canes & other inflammable material kept there. By early morning some more fire fighters were summoned from the entire satellite towns like Dabwali, Kalanwali, Rania, Ellenabad etc. Around 6.00 am three SDO’s from the DHVPN namely Gulshan Wadhwa, Suresh Beniwal and Shivraj Singh alongwith a heavy duty crane and other staff also arrive to assist in the on going fire fighting process. The police evacuated all the neighboring shops and buildings to check the further spread of fire. A team of the Forensic Experts from Hissar also arrived to know the exact cause of fire. But they could not check as a whole building was very hot like an oven. They will visit again to know the exact cause of fire. Dharampal Gupta the owner of the showroom however said that probably a cause of fire was short circuit. Mr. Gupta was unable to tell about the quantum of losses suffered. The total building was damaged during the fire fighting process.

No comments: